News from the Tarts

22:10 Alyson 0 Comments

I know where everyone is going with this - and no, it's not what you think (unless you already know and then yes, it is).

The big news from the Tarts is that we will no longer be the Tarts in Turkey, we will now be the Tarts in the UK. I have relocated to London this week and Paul will be following shortly with Belle.



It is a bittersweet move. I am so excited for the new opportunity in London, to be back at work, back in an office and take on new challenges. I'm excited for a new place to explore and to be back in English speaking territory. And best of all, I'm just a short(er) plane ride away from home.

But, despite the excitement over our move, I will miss Turkey. A lot. I can certainly say we have had an adventure of a lifetime and I will always be grateful for the time I got to spend in Turkey. Of course there are many I wishes still around Turkey - I wish I would have made it to Trabzone, I wish my Turkish would have been better, I wish we could have been here just a bit longer. But, I know we will be leaving Turkey with more than we came with. I'm leaving with a new sense of myself, wonderful friends, confidence to get around a crazy city like Istanbul on my own and lots of once in a lifetime experiences, not to mention all the carpets, pottery, art and other physical things we've managed to pick up along the way!

So off to a new adventure we go! I can't wait to share all that our new life has in store for us.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: